There are few pest problems more dreaded than cockroaches. Even one roach in your home can be a sign of a major infestation. As well as being a nuisance, roaches can pose a serious health risk to your family. This is because they are known to carry a number of diseases and can contaminate anything they touch. In addition, cockroaches are notoriously difficult to eradicate and can survive under even the harshest conditions.
Thus, it’s vital to know how to keep cockroaches from infesting your Covington LA house or property, as well as how to eliminate them. The experts at Ja-Roy Pest Control are here to help—keep reading for expert advice on how to get rid of cockroaches for good.
What Attracts Roaches in the First Place?
If you’ve found yourself with a cockroach infestation, you’re probably wondering how they invaded your home in the first place.
To understand what attracts cockroaches, it’s important to understand their behaviors:
- Roaches are infamous for being able to survive on just about anything. They will eat food, garbage, wallpaper paste, paper, bookbinding materials, and other organic materials.
- Once they get into your home, a messy environment will encourage them to stay and spread.
- Cockroaches are mainly nocturnal, which is why they scatter and scuttle toward dark corners when you turn on a light. They prefer dark, moist environments.
- They also gravitate toward small nooks and crannies. They’ll hide under the sink, in the walls, and within cracks in the floor, too.
Ready to Get Rid of Roaches For Good?
Click the button below to leave your information.
8 Tips to Get Rid of Roaches
Whether you want to know how to get rid of roaches in your apartment, home, or business, the key is to prevent them in the first place. The following tips will get rid of roaches and keep them away for good:
- Always keep food securely stored and sealed in airtight containers.
- Never leave pet food out overnight and keep it stored tightly.
- Take out your trash often and use a lid on the can.
- Promptly wash dishes after mealtimes.
- Wipe down counters, especially after spills
- Try not to leave out piles of junk or clutter inside and outside.
- Seal cracks or crevices around pipes in your home’s exterior.
- Avoid moisture issues by addressing plumbing leaks immediately.
Looking For How to Get Rid of Roaches Overnight?
Cockroaches are some of the most durable insects on earth and are notoriously difficult to eradicate. Even if you’ve attempted and had success with some of the DIY methods discussed above, it is likely you will still experience roach sightings. In order to fully get rid of cockroaches, you need to call a professional. The roach exterminators at Ja-Roy Pest Control understand how distressing a cockroach infestation is and will take every possible step to prevent coaches from returning.Back to Cockroach Exterminators – Control – Removal