Does Anything Keep Bed Bugs Away?
To keep bed bugs out of your home, it’s important to avoid bringing them inside your property. Bed bugs are not particular and will infest any structure.
To prevent bed bugs:
- Know the signs of bed bugs.
- Use caution when buying used items.
- Be cautious when traveling.
- Take precautions at home.
How to Keep Bed Bugs Away From Your Home
To keep bed bugs from infesting your home, there are several actions you can take to prevent their entry:
- Recognize the early signs of an infestation. Bed bugs will leave dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery. Their bites can leave blood spots on bedding and red, itchy marks on your skin.
- Before bringing used items into your property, thoroughly inspect them for signs of bed bugs.
- Cover power outlets with a plug and protect your mattress with a bedbug cover to eliminate bed bug hiding places.
- When traveling, inspect your hotel room and take care when unpacking your suitcase upon returning home.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How Can I Prevent a Bed Bug Infestation in Louisiana?
In addition to the tips mentioned above, there are other ways you can lessen the risk of a bed bug problem in your property. Vacuum frequently and reduce clutter in your home to reduce hiding places for bed bugs. Use caution when using shared laundry facilities or laundromats. If you live in a dorm or apartment building, take extra care in safeguarding your home from bed bugs.
What the Best Way to Prevent Bed Bugs?
Bed bug infestations are difficult to deal with, so it’s best to use all the prevention actions mentioned to keep them away. In short, it’s smart to stay proactive at all times. Whether you’re traveling, have a college student coming home from school for the holidays, or have a neighbor with a bed bug issue, it’s important to take every step possible to keep bed bugs out of your property.