How do You Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Your Carpet?
Without professional treatment, removing bed bugs from carpets and rugs can be very difficult. However, there are actions you can take to get rid of bed bugs from carpets and rugs.
To get rid of bed bugs in the carpet, take the following steps:
- Vacuum bed bugs with a vacuum that uses a bag.
- It’s essential to use a vacuum with a bag to seal bugs properly.
- Before vacuuming, spread Diatomaceous Earth on the infested carpet or rug.
- Thoroughly vacuum, going over the areas at least two or three times.
- To be safe, repeat steps 1-3 multiple times.
- Remove the vacuum cleaner bag outside if possible. Seal properly.
- For extra protection, consider cleaning the rug or carpet with shampoo or a steam-clean!
How Can I Clean Bed Bug-Infested Carpets and Rugs?
If you have a bed bug problem, you’re probably wondering how to clean every square inch of your home! Although bed bugs certainly prefer living in mattresses, they can also infest carpet. Instead of burrowing into the carpet, the bugs will stay close to the surface, which makes it easier to vacuum them up! By following the previously mentioned steps, you can successfully reduce the amount of bed bugs in your home. It’s important to take caution, and to contact an exterminator if you’re dealing with a full-blown infestation.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
What's the Difference Between Bed Bugs and Carpet Beetles?
Bed bugs and carpet beetles look very similar, so it’s important to learn the differences between these two bugs. In the larval stage, carpet beetles look like fuzzy miniature caterpillars, while bed bugs look like longer worms. Carpet beetles don’t bite, but can leave a rash that is sometimes mistaken for bed bug bites. At any rate, it’s important to thoroughly clean your carpet and rug to get rid of the bugs.
Do I Need My Carpets Cleaned Professionally After a Bed Bug Infestation?
If you’ve had professional bed bug treatment, you can trust the infestation has been controlled. However, it can bring you peace of mind to have your carpets or rugs professionally cleaned or steamed after an infestation! High heat and steam helps kill off any lingering bugs.