We all know that pests are a common problem in Louisiana in the spring and summer, but what about the fall and winter? Even though you may not see them as frequently during certain parts of the year, pests are common all year long in Louisiana. Mosquitoes in the summer and rodents in the fall are two of the most common seasonal pest problems, but there are others to worry about as well. With help from the NPMA, the team at Ja-Roy Pest Control is sharing all you need to know about seasonal pests in your community. We hope that this information will help prepare you for pest threats throughout the year.
Fall and Winter Pests in Louisiana
With warm and drier conditions predicted in the coming months, ants and roaches may be more active than usual this time of year. With their need for water in order to survive, these two insects in particular will crawl into your home to seek out moisture. There are other pests to keep your eye out for in the fall and winter months, including house mice, spiders, silverfish, and flies.
What Pests are More Common in the Spring and Summer?
Warmer weather in the spring and summer brings about all types of pests. With our warm, moist environment, Louisiana can be a haven for pests this time of year. The most common pests we deal with include:
- Termites. Our climate is ideal for termites, who swarm in the spring and are at full force in the summertime. Subterranean termites are especially dangerous this time of year.
- Mosquitoes. With the amount of rainfall we get, mosquitoes love warmer temperatures in the spring and summertime.
- Stinging Insects. Wasps, bees, and hornets are very active this time of the year. They can build nests near residential areas.
- Cockroaches. Heat, moisture, and humidity in the summer months brings about roach activity, especially in more urban areas.
- Ants. Certain ant species will forage for food in the warmer months. Rainy weather also drives ants out of their colonies and into homes for shelter.
Pest Seasonality in Louisiana
Due to our climate and weather patterns throughout the year, Baton Rouge residents and business owners experience a lot of pest problems. It’s important to know which pests to keep your eye out for in order to prevent a seasonal pest problem. At Ja-Roy, our residential and commercial exterminators can work with you to ensure you are protected from pests all year long.
Guide to Seasonal Pests in Southern Louisiana
Ja-Roy Pest Control Services is a local Pest Control and Extermination company helping homeowners and businesses with pest issues across Southern Louisiana.