How to Prevent Bringing Bed Bugs into Your Home
To keep from bringing bed bugs into your home, it’s important to take preventative steps after traveling and to use caution when bringing used furniture into your home.
To avoid bringing bed bugs into your home:
- When traveling or moving, always check for signs of bed bugs.
- Before buying used furniture, check for past or active signs of bed bugs.
- When returning from a trip, inspect your suitcase for bed bugs.
How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs After Traveling?
Bed bug infestations are notoriously connected to travel, making it important to learn how to prevent bringing bed bugs back after a trip! To keep bed bugs out:
- Check the lining and the inside of your suitcase before bringing it indoors and unpacking.
- Wash all clothes (even clean ones) in hot water and dry thoroughly.
- Vacuum or steam-clean your suitcase before storing it away.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How Can I Keep Bed Bugs on the Outside of My Home?
Unlike most pests, bed bugs won’t appear in your home out of nowhere. Bed bugs spread when they hitch a ride on luggage, backpacks, and handbags. Keeping bed bugs outside your property requires staying vigilant and consistently checking for signs of bed bugs. Whether you have a child returning home from college or are planning an upcoming trip, it’s important to stay vigilent to prevent bed bugs.
What Are The Best Bed Bug Prevention Tips in Louisiana?
To keep bed bugs from infesting your home, the best thing you can do is to prevent picking them up in the first place. When staying in hotels, always store luggage up and off the floor. Also, inspect the beds for signs of bed bugs. When returning home, ensure your suitcase is bed bug-free before bringing it indoors. When buying used furniture, always check for signs of bed bugs before making the purchase. Understanding the signs of bed bugs can help you detect them in your home.