Have you ever noticed that some people are more prone to mosquito bites than others? Whether you’re a magnet for mosquitoes or not, it’s important to know how to prevent being bitten by these dangerous mosquitoes. Not only do their bites cause irritation and swelling—but they also transmit diseases that have affected people worldwide. Because mosquitoes can be harmful, it’s crucial to learn how to prevent being bitten.
How to prevent mosquito bites
Especially in the summer months when mosquitoes are in full force in Louisiana, these insects are known to bite. Some of the ways you can prevent that from happening include:
- If possible, avoid going outdoors at dawn or dusk when mosquitoes are most active and bites are most common.
- Cover your arms and legs with long-sleeved shirts, jackets, and long-legged pants. Treating the clothing with insect repellent will help as well.
- During extended time outdoors, apply insect repellent that contains at least 25 percent DEET. Use this as instructed by the manufacturer.
Are Pests a Problem? Ja-Roy Can Help!
Call now or fill out the form below & a team member will reach out shortly!
Home remedies for mosquito bites
Being bitten by a mosquito can result in irritation and swelling at the site of the bite, but most people recover quickly. If you have been bitten by a mosquito, some of the precautions you should take in treating it are:
- After being bitten, always wash the bite in cold water and use soap to clean the area.
- Use anti-inflammatories, antihistamines, and over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream if the itching is painful.
- Avoid scratching the site of the bite. This will irritate the skin and may hinder the healing process.
- In the rare case, you develop any unexpected symptoms or it appears you’re suffering from an infection, it’s crucial to receive medical attention for proper treatment.
Preventing mosquitoes on your property
No one wants to deal with the threat of mosquitoes biting them every time they go outside in the summer months, which is why it’s important to prevent these insects from invading your property in the first place. The mosquito exterminators at Ja-Roy Pest Control provide exceptional mosquito removal to help protect you and your family from mosquitoes.Back to Mosquito Exterminators – Control – Removal