Buying a Home With Termite Damage in Louisiana
As long as your home is inspected and protected against termites, it is completely safe to buy a home with past termite damage.
Buying a home is one of the biggest investments you will make in your lifetime. It’s easy to understand why, then, one would be worried about putting a down payment on a property with termite damage. Unless there is an active infestation, it is generally considered to be safe and completely normal to buy a home with a history of termites.
Is it Safe to Buy a Home With Termite Damage?
Yes, it is safe to live in a home that once had a termite problem. That said, it’s always a good idea to be on the safe side and take several measures to ensure your property is protected:
- Get a WDI report that will uncover any evidence of past, present, or possible future infestations.
- If damage is found, you may be able to negotiate costs with the seller to cover treatment and repair expenses.
- Ask the seller for any infestation history the home may have just in case the WDI report missed something.
- If a home has significant structural damage or active termites, it’s up to the buyer to decide whether they want to still purchase the home.
- So long as past infestations have been taken care of, you should not let a history of termites stop you from buying your dream home.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Can I Sell My Home If I Had Termites?
Can Termites Re-Infest Homes?
Buying a Home With Termite Damage in Covington in Southern Louisiana
Ja-Roy Pest Control Services is a local Pest Control and Extermination company helping homeowners and businesses with pest issues across Southern Louisiana.