What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation?
Termites live in the structure of a property, meaning they are rarely seen. For that reason, it’s important to know the signs of termites: hollowed-out wood, piles of shed wings, mud tubes, frass (droppings), and swarming termites.
A termite problem is often not discovered until serious damage is done. This makes it crucial to keep your eyes out for the signs of termite activity in your property year-round:
- Swarmer termites inside or outside the home
- Shed wings
- Mud tubes around the foundation of homes
- Termite droppings (frass)
- Damaged or hollowed-out wood
- Blisters in wood floors
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Small holes in drywall
How to Look for Signs of Termites In Your Home
Because termites are infesting within your structure, you rarely will see actual termites unless you spot swarmers. It’s smart to look for both the physical evidence termites leave behind, as well as the damage they may cause within your home or business. Here’s what to look for:
- Termite signs. Like any pest or insect, termites will leave behind signs of the presence with their droppings (also known as frass). Frass looks like tiny pellets. Also keep an eye out for termite wings that are often shed in piles, as well as swarming termites (which are often confused for flying ants).
- Structural damage. If you notice holes in your walls, mud tubes or cracks near the home’s foundation, blisters in wood floors, or peeling paint on walls, you may have termites. If you knock on any wood to be infested and hear a hollow noise in return, you very likely have a termite infestation.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Other Termite Signs in Louisiana
What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation? in Southern Louisiana
Ja-Roy Pest Control Services is a local Pest Control and Extermination company helping homeowners and businesses with pest issues across Southern Louisiana.