How can I prevent termites naturally?
All-natural termite solutions are never strong enough to control an active infestation. However, they may help protect your home or yard from termite activity.
Many people are wary of pest control treatments that, to them, appear to be dangerous. All-natural termite prevention can help put your mind at ease. Some of the all-natural methods used to prevent termites include orange oil, cardboard traps, diatomaceous earth, and boric acid. These all work in different ways to repel termites.
Tips to Prevent Termites Naturally
- Orange oil: This can be sprayed into high-risk areas for termites, including crawl spaces and attics.
- Diatomaceous earth: Used to control many types of garden pests, this can be mixed with soil, water, or paint to help keep termites away.
- Nematodes: Certain groups of parasitic nematodes are known to feed on termites, making them a natural form of biological control.
- Cardboard traps: These are often effective because they contain the cellulose that attracts termites. The hope is that any nearby termites will gather near the trap, which can then be disposed of by burning.
- Sunlight: Termites are very sensitive to sunlight; exposing infested furniture to daylight can kill off any hiding termites.
- Boric acid: Available in liquid or dust form, boric acid works to kill termites and other pests in or near the home.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Can I Get Rid of Termites Naturally?
All-natural termite solutions may work to prevent an infestation, but they are rarely strong enough to control an active infestation in or around your home. Termite colonies can grow to huge numbers, and it’s important to ensure the entire colony is eliminated. For this reason, it’s best to use the industry’s best termite treatments to get rid of an infestation.
DIY vs. Professional Termite Prevention
If you want the best protection against termites, it’s important to use a professional termite exterminator. In addition to administering the best treatments, a licensed expert can help safeguard your home or business from termites in the first place.